Ireland has a rough and complicated fabric of history, fate and religion that reveals itself in landscapes and stories. Our tours provide an excellent introduction to the history and geography of Ireland (Eire) and Northern Ireland.
We visit many famous sites as well as several that are less well known providing an opportunity of 'discovering' new sites as we explore this fascinating country.
Our itineraries take in a range of site types, from prehistoric dolmens, through Iron Age forts, early Christian monasteries, high crosses and cathedrals, to the castles and fortresses of the Middle Ages and later periods.
- Learn the complex history of modern Ireland by walking the streets of Dublin and Belfast;
- Newgrange and Knowth, see the prehistoric sites first-hand and then discover some new sites yourself;
- Glendalough in the beautiful Wicklow Hills;
- Cliff-tops walk along the Giant’s Causeway and the Aran Islands;
- Visit the ring-forts of the limestone karst landscape of the Burren in County Clare;
- Walk along the canals of the midlands;
- Visit Connemara, an isolated and spectacular landscape;
- Stroll around beautiful Lake Killarney in Country Kerry;
- Monastic sites such as the Rock of Cashel, Jerpoint & Athassel Abbey;
- The castles and walled cities of Cahir, Londonderry and Kilkenny.