We begin in Mexico City and after visiting the classic city of Teotihuacan, move to the south-east to Oaxaca and the ruins of Monte Alban, from there to San Cristobal de las Casas and inland to the expansive ruins of Palenque. Into the Yucatan and across the Caribbean before heading south through Belize and on to Tikal, the largest restored Mayan city in Guatemala.
Our tours offer ample opportunity to experience the cultural traditions that continue today, taste local cuisine, shop in native markets and listen to traditional music. You will also have the chance to snorkel in the Caribbean, swim in jungle streams and see native wildlife.
- Visit Mexico City – one of the largest cities in the world;
- Climb the Pyramid of the Sun at Teotihuacan, the largest Pre-Columbian city in the Americas;
- Explore the beautiful colonial cities of Oaxaca and San Cristobal de las Casas;
- View Oaxaca from the ruins of Monte Alban;
- Explore the Mayan ruins of Palenque;
- See the fantastic Mayan murals of Bonampak;
- Drive the Puuc route of the Yucatan Peninsula visitng the Mayan ruins of Mayapan, Labna and Uxmal;
- Climb the Castillo and peer into the Sacred Cenote (Well) at Chichen Itza;
- The picturesque Guatemalan town of Panajachel on Lake Atitlan;
- Shop for Guatemalan handicrafts at the Chichicastenango markets;
- Swim in the Caribbean at Tulum;
- Walk among the pyramids of Tikal in the jungles of Guatemala;
- Visit the Mayan ruins of Copan in Honduras.